The First Month.
Okay, I am going to keep this brief for two reasons.
1. Anabelle is eating right now and it is hard to type with one-ish hands.
2. I am going to share a 9 minute video with you guys that I made for Ellie and really, do you want to devote much more than 9 minutes of your day to my musings? Probably not. Most of you are New Yorkers or from the tri-state area which means 9 minutes is an eternity. (it’s the same video I put on facebook so dont go watching it thinking there are any new elements…same thing)
So here are a few brief thoughts and expressions from motherhood.
BREASTFEEDING IS A BITCH.
Yep. I said it. Yes, I am the same woman that was so excited for the whole experience. And yes, I am admitting that for commitment phobic independents like myself – it is annoying. I like to be able to change my plans on a whim.
So I decided to start pumping to store milk in the hope that I can gain some freedom.
You must be thinking…ah, there is the solution.
No. Instead, I have become mildly obsessed with how much milk I have stored and I have even admitted to my sister that I have breast milk envy every time I open her freezer.
Hey. At least I am honest.
Also breast fed babies eat more frequently than bottle fed babies…so not only am I the only one that can feed her, I am doing it quite often. Basically every 2 to 3 1/2 hours – FROM THE START OF THE FEEDING.
You do the math…I am topless more often than many adult entertainers.
No, I am not giving up…just coming back down to reality.
I LOVE BEING HOME.
Yep. I am admitting that too. I thought I would feel claustrophobic and depressed.
Instead I realize how much I really like these people. (These people being my immediate and extended family.)
I say this despite the following factors:
– I am pretty sure my Grandma Packo is going to kidnap Ellie and bring her to St. Augustine’s Church in Bridgeport, CT to be baptized.
– I think the amount of food I continue to consume is going from entertaining to somewhat annoying for my parents (they are the people buying the food). Regardless, everything I eat here is very delicious so I don’t see any reason to stop.
– Speaking of food…the lack of delivery and takeout options here is very sad.
– I miss walking out the front door and being able to run all of my errands on foot.
HOW AM I JUST REALIZING THAT “THE OFFICE” IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER?
I have managed to watch a substantial amount of the re-runs and I want to know how I missed it the first time around.
Breast feeding has really given me a new appreciation for television.
FINALLY – DEADS BIRDS AND FISH SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME.
This is pretty much unrelated to anything other than me watching the news and thinking, “Huh…there might be a logical explanation for thousands of dead birds falling from the sky in two states hundreds of miles apart, along with over 80,000 thousand dead fish rising to the surface somewhere too. And I am afraid of that logical explanation.”
Okay…must run. Enjoy the video. (click here)
We will be returning to the city on January 17th…for a about a month or so, I will be spending some time in NYC and some time in CT. Can’t wait to catch up with everyone!